Re: dpkg semi-hijack - an announcement (also, triggers)

On Mon March 10 2008 02:08:35 Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> In what cases is "needed" not having its, ehm, obvious meaning? You seem
> to suggest that "need" in "I need to breath to live" means "breathing
> 'is a highly desirable precondition' for living", which to my (German,
> after all) ears sounds a bit weird.

Hi Marc,

"needed" has several similar but distinct meanings.  None of the meanings
is more obvious than any other.  "Need" I remind you that if you had taken
the time to do the "necessary" homework you could have saved the readers
of this thread the "necessity" of ignoring your post?

  needed[2]:
    To want strongly; to feel that one must have something.

    Example:
      After ten days of hiking, I needed a shower and a shave.

--Mike Bird

[2] http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/need