Re: dpkg semi-hijack - an announcement (also, triggers)

On Mon March 10 2008 02:08:35 Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> In what cases is "needed" not having its, ehm, obvious meaning? You seem
> to suggest that "need" in "I need to breath to live" means "breathing
> 'is a highly desirable precondition' for living", which to my (German,
> after all) ears sounds a bit weird.

Hi Marc,

"needed" has several similar but distinct meanings.  None of the meanings
is more obvious than any other.  "Need" I remind you that if you had taken
the time to do the "necessary" homework you could have saved the readers
of this thread the "necessity" of ignoring your post?

    To want strongly; to feel that one must have something.

      After ten days of hiking, I needed a shower and a shave.

--Mike Bird

[2] http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/need