Re: dpkg semi-hijack - an announcement (also, triggers)

On Sun March 9 2008 18:40:25 Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Mike Bird <mgb@yosemite.net> writes:
> > In simple terms: "dpkg triggers" is a highly desirable precondition for
> > dependency-based initscripts, but so are several other preconditions,
> > not least of which is a substantial test period.  The issues are
> > well addressed in Frans' posting, the URL of which I have already
> > posted once in this thread and will now post again[0].
>
> You seem to believe that Frans decides if and when we are going to
> switch to a dep-based init system.

Your English is much better than my German.  Nevertheless either your
English is inadequate for the role you are attempting to fill or else
you are deliberately trying to provoke an argument.

I said that "the issues are well addressed in Frans' posting".  That
is not an assertion that Frans decides if and when Debian will switch.

> Oh, and fuck you too for the "in simple terms".

Auf Wiederlesen,

--Mike Bird