Re: dpkg semi-hijack - an announcement (also, triggers)

[Not subscribed, Cc if you want me to see it.]

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 01:19:58PM -0800, Mike Bird wrote:
> Ian hijacked his own program back from the people who had been blocking
> updates for six months

So Ian Murdock would be perfectly entitled to kick out the DAM, DPL, TC,
DSA, and all others to really fix Debian?

> including the triggers enhancement which is needed for boot time
> improvements

No, it isn't (better documented by other replies).

> By blocking
> functionality for six months the old dpkg team has actively harmed Debian.

I was going to ask on which grounds exactly you were judging the dpkg
team's competence (and that of iwj's: have you reviewed the branch
yourself? can you confidently say that it's all fine?), but instead I'll
ask this: How have you helped Debian in the last six months, if the dpkg
team has actively harmed it for the last six?

> He has chosen to
> do neither, which for me personally means I can no longer trust Raphael.

Tragedy.

Daniel