Re: Mass bug filing: non-UTF8 debian/{control.changelog}

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 06:11:22PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Bas Zoetekouw <bas@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Of those, perl is a false positive (caused by lintian not detecting the
> > correct changelog file),
>
> Please provide more details?  I know perl does odd things (relative to
> most Debian packages) with the changelog file, but I don't know why that
> would cause lintian to misdiagnose this tag.  It may be easy to fix.

The package "perl" doesn't ship its own copy of changelog.Debian, but
instead relies on it's dependency, perl-base.  Yet, it does ship other stuff
in /usr/share/doc/perl/, including the upstream changelog.

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be