Re: the new style "mass tirage" of bugs

* Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> [080221 08:36]:
> Or also sometimes refrain themselves of filing nitpicking bugs for
> corners cases which noone will ever meet. Or when doing this....send
> *patches*.
>
> Where resources are low, adding more noise to an already noisy pile of
> bugs is just covering dust with more dust.
>
> I don't say that ppl shouldn't file bugs....I more suggest to be a
> little bit more selective when filing them.

Just for the record in case any user is reading this dicussion: This only
holds for packages too large to properly maintain it. For every package
I maintain or might maintain in the future or is small enough that there
are enough people to properly maintain it, please file all bugs you find
that are not already filed. Especially those about corner cases almost
noone runs in. (The obvious bugs I'll find myself eventually,
information about the hard to find ones is the most valueable).

> Of course, this is particularly targeted at jidanni who is very good
> for filing bugs as most of us know.

While jidanni's bugs are often hard to read and some might be plain
stupid, I got many valuables bugs about hard to spot bugs or broken
documentation. I think in the large picture he did more to improve
Debian than some maintainers only adding package after package to the
distribution.

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link