Re: Proposed MBF: Debian upstream version higher than watch file-reported upstream version

Russ Allbery wrote:

> Raphael Geissert <atomo64@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>
>>    gnubg
>
> Upstream stopped doing real releases a while back although hopefully will
> again do some someday.  Currently, all that's available is nightly
> snapshots.  I can:
>
> * Keep pointing the watch file at the actual official release location in
>   the hope that upstream will eventually release a newer official version.
>
> * Point the watch file at the daily snapshots and have it always be out of
>   date because I'm not going to release new versions of gnubg daily.
>
> * Delete the watch file.
>
> Which would you rather I do?  I personally think the first option is the
> best, which is why I'm doing it, but I don't care that much.

I would probably have kept the version number at 0.14.3 and append
+snapshotYYYYMMDD. However if I only were able to choose between those
three I would choose the first one.

But I do wonder why upstream hasn't released any version, and guessing
this:, but updated the changelog or a similar file you use to know that the
latest version is 0.16

By the way, I've been working on uscan and my changes can be expected to be
available within some days. One of the features I've been working on is
#395439 which might be helpful in your situation.

Cheers,
Raphael Geissert