Proposed MBF: packages defining useless RPATH's

Hello everybody,

[Please respect the Reply-To header]

More than one month ago I posted a list[1] of packages defining useless
rpath's on amd64 based on an archive wide lintian check.
I just finished an other archive wide lintian check in order to track the
progress made on the subject. Here are the results:

After improving the regex used to match the number of packages defining a
useless[2] rpath running it on the previous check results returns a number of
456 unique binary packages. While based on the new check results it returns
449.

Since this is very small progress I'd like to start MBF on such packages with
a severity:normal which will be available at[3], with the hope of reducing
the number of packages defining useless rpaths.

If no one objects I'll start MBF within a week or, if encouraged to and with
no objection, probably during the week.

As usually any kind of feedback is welcomed.

[1]http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.general/123122
[2]Useless rpaths such as /lib, /usr/lib:/lib, /usr/lib, /lib64:/lib, etc
[3]http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=atomo64%40gmail.com;tag=rpath-amd64

Kind regards,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.