Re: Proposed MBF: Debian upstream version higher than watch file-reported upstream version

Raphael Geissert <atomo64@gmail.com> writes:

> In order to bring some more QA on the watch files subject I'd like to
> start a permanent MBF on packages whose Debian upstream version (the
> version string from Version: without the epoch and the Debian revision)
> is higher than the latest upstream version found thanks to their watch
> file.

> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>
>    gnubg

Upstream stopped doing real releases a while back although hopefully will
again do some someday.  Currently, all that's available is nightly
snapshots.  I can:

* Keep pointing the watch file at the actual official release location in
  the hope that upstream will eventually release a newer official version.

* Point the watch file at the daily snapshots and have it always be out of
  date because I'm not going to release new versions of gnubg daily.

* Delete the watch file.

Which would you rather I do?  I personally think the first option is the
best, which is why I'm doing it, but I don't care that much.