Re: Proposed MBF: Debian upstream version higher than watch file-reported upstream version

Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Sunday 17 February 2008 17:22, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>>
>> If Debian's 0.11+1-1 is upstream's 0.11 why not just strip the '+1' using
>> dversionmangle?
>> That's in my POV the bug.
>>
> I think rewriting watch files for one time events is a mistake.  If this
> were
> a permanent feature of the version numbering I would agree.

The thing is, when you make such kind of uploads all you have to make sure
is that uscan still says your package is up to date.

> I suppose the
> easiest solution for me to not be bothered about this would be to remove
> the watch file on the next upload.

You won't be bothered if you also maintain the watch file.
And as I said in my response to Raphael Hertzog I could skip those where the
Debian version has something like +svn, +cvs, -pre, and also probably skip
those such as yours: +n.
But those I really don't want to exclude are the ones
having 'dsfg', 'ds', 'debian', or ones whose watch file really reports an
older version (e.g. in Debian: 2.3.1, upstream: 2.0.1).

> Scott K

Cheers,
Raphael