Re: Bootstrapping GT.M

[Andreas Tille]
> Well, if I understood K.S. Bhaskar's last mail right this might be
> possible in theory but would require a certain amount of extra work
> for them which they are not willing to do because it has no profit
> for their work.

I only read that they were against spending time to write code to
generate the M compiler source without a M compiler, not that they
were against providing pregenerated files in the source tarball.

And if they are against doing extra work, someone else can do the work
and provide patches to them.  I suspect this extra work need to be
done anyway to get the package built on the Debian autobuilders, so it
is more a question of who do the work and how is it maintained in the
future, than it is a question of what to do.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen