Re: Proposition: 'NMU' upload of wxwidgets 2.8

Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> writes:
>> > if you appreciate using Debian as a development platform, the fact
>> > that CodeBlocks can't be built on it is IMHO a pretty critical
>> > problem.
>>
>> Why?
>
> Maybe "because not being able to build" and "development platform" don't go so
> well together?
>
> Differently put, why do you think that NOT having current versions of a popular
> library, here wxwidgets in version 2.8, is a feature and not a bug?

I don't.  I'm just questioning the (apparent) assertion that the
presence or lack of "CodeBlocks" is "critical" to those who "appreciate
using Debian as a development platform".  Surely 99% of people who do
development on Debian haven't even _heard_ of CodeBlocks.

-Miles

--
Patience, n. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.