Re: Intend to hijack rrdtool

> 	There *is* a pkg-rrdtool team in alioth, and a public SVN (that you see was
> having commits as of two days ago).  I had problems to access my @debian.org
> address and just saw your mails today.

I've offered to help you with the package several times during the last
months, I don't understand why you did not point me to the team. As
rrdtool is not just 'some' package, but one of the most important pieces
in most monitoring tools, it needs much more time and work than it had
during the last years. Proper maintenance of a package also means to
update to new upstream versions in time, and not short before a freeze
of a new Debian release.
While we don't want to fight about a package, we insist on a good
maintenance of rrdtool, therefore I'd suggest to merge our work and the
two teams (even if I have the impression that you're the only active
person in your team).

Best regards,

Bernd