Re: dash bug which is affecting release goal

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 03:39:29PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Andreas Bombe:
>
> > How many million person-hours does it really need to substitute
> > "#!/bin/sh" by "#!/bin/bash" once per script?  That's even easily
> > scriptable, and I don't see the need for any amount of reviewing and
> > testing for such simple a bug fix.
>
> /bin/sh behaves differently than /bin/bash, even if both are implemented
> by bash.  So this change needs some review, too.

Right.  "#!/bin/bash --posix" might give the same behavior.  If it
doesn't, mkdir /kludge, ln -s /bin/bash /kludge/sh, and #!/kludge/sh
then, and you wouldn't have to meddle with the default /bin/sh.

--
Andreas Bombe <bombe@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>    GPG key 0x04880A44