Re: dash bug which is affecting release goal

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 02:48:33AM -0800, Mike Bird wrote:
> Release notes do not offset the millions of person-hours needed to review
> and maybe-rewrite and retest the millions of tiny shell scripts that have
> been written and tested by millions of Debian users with no thought to the
> possible consequences of subsequent changes to /bin/sh.

How many million person-hours does it really need to substitute
"#!/bin/sh" by "#!/bin/bash" once per script?  That's even easily
scriptable, and I don't see the need for any amount of reviewing and
testing for such simple a bug fix.

--
Andreas Bombe <bombe@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>    GPG key 0x04880A44