Re: Is a free document whose sources have been lost free?

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:
> To make the dialign-t package, I removed the documentation from the
> upstream tarball, that I use for a dialign-t-doc package, in the
> non-free section as the their LaTeX sources are not provided.
>
> Now, I was informed that the reason is that the sources have been lost.

Unless the pdf is exceptionally complicated, it's not all that
difficult to resurect LaTeX that does a similar job; it'd probably be
ideal to do this and distribute the pdf files built from that, unless
the underlying codebase never changes and you won't ever need to fix a
bug in the documentation.

Don Armstrong

--
We have to face the fact that either all of us are going to die
together or we are going to learn to live together and if we are to