Is a free document whose sources have been lost free?

Dear all,

To make the dialign-t package, I removed the documentation from the
upstream tarball, that I use for a dialign-t-doc package, in the
non-free section as the their LaTeX sources are not provided.

Now, I was informed that the reason is that the sources have been lost.

In that case, don't the .html, .pdf and .ps files become the "preferred
form for modification"?

I really would be happy to merge dialign-t and dialign-t-doc again; we
do not need to punish our users for an error made upstream.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org