Re: How to cope with patches sanely (Was: State of the project - input needed)

Mike Hommey wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 11:14:24AM +0100, sean finney <seanius@debian.org> wrote:
>> On Friday 25 January 2008 11:08:13 am Mike Hommey wrote:
>> >
>> > I do use it for config.guess and config.sub update in package source tree,
>> > though that can be done in debian/rules.
>>
>> and generally i'm skeptical of doing such a thing in the "patch" phase,
>> because it immediately makes "unpatch" ambiguous as to whether it really
>> reverts "patch".
>
> My implementation does.
>
> Mike

Likewise.  If someone knows about a dpatch script that doesn't do the
right thing with "unpatch", I'd go so far as to recommend filing a bug.

best regards,

--
Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty@gmail.com>
WWW: http://www.starplot.org/