Re: How to cope with patches sanely

On 25/01/2008, Vincent Danjean wrote:
> If someone has an example of how to use quilt + cdbs (or even quilt +
> standard debhelper debian/rules file) to patch the *clean* system of
> the software, I would be interested.  Usually, patches are early
> removed (or not applied) when running "debian/rules clean".

Does anything prevent you from doing something like the following in
the clean target? (In addition to the usual patch/unpatch dependencies
as suggested when using quilt.make.)
| quilt push 00_fix_upstream_clean
| # $(MAKE) clean or so
| quilt pop

So you could keep that patch as the first of the series, so that only
this one is applied when running upstream's clean, and unapplied
afterwards? (You may want to use “quilt pop -a” to be sure.)

--
Cyril Brulebois