Re: hot to build i386 on amd64 using pbuilder?

Hi,

> > Logging into the chroot reveals /dev/null is 644, not 666 as I would expect.
> >
> > How can I fix the permissions of /dev/null under the chroot?
> >
> > Are my problems likely to be cause by the fact that my machine is
> > running as a vserver?
>
> Actually /dev/null is not even a character device inside the chroot:
> # ls -l /dev/null
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jan 17 14:00 /dev/null

As I use cowbuilder, my quick fix for this (and which works perfectly) was :
$ chmod 666 /var/cache/pbuilder/etch-amd64.cow/dev/null

I assume that modifying the base tgz for pbuilder would not achieve
the same thing, as mknod would be run after extraction, would it?

Anyway this was a better compromise for me than giving MKNOD
capabilities inside the vserver guest.

Alex