Re: hot to build i386 on amd64 using pbuilder?

On 17/01/2008, Anton Piatek <anton@piatek.co.uk> wrote:
> I have noticed another error in the logs, there are permission errors
> on /dev/null
> Logging into the chroot reveals /dev/null is 644, not 666 as I would expect.
>
> How can I fix the permissions of /dev/null under the chroot?
>
> Are my problems likely to be cause by the fact that my machine is
> running as a vserver?

Actually /dev/null is not even a character device inside the chroot:
# ls -l /dev/null
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jan 17 14:00 /dev/null

Outside the chroot it is fine - I sounds like I have a problem with a
chroot/pbuilder image inside a vserver image (it works fine outside
the vserver image)

Any ideas?

Anton
--
Anton Piatek
email: anton@piatek.co.uk

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.