Re: dh_shlibdeps and -dbg packages

Niko Tyni <ntyni@debian.org> writes:

> Hm, dh_shlibdeps prunes /usr/lib/debug when looking for ELF executables.
> This was apparently done when adding support for split debugging symbols
> files: see #215670.
>
> This looks like a bug to me, since /usr/lib/debug is used for "real"
> unstripped libraries too. Just filed #461339 on debhelper.

Hm, perhaps you should instead file a bug against any package (other than
libc6) which uses /usr/lib/debug for real unstripped libraries.  Shouldn't
everyone use detached debugging symbols now, or is there really enough
utility in building a separate debugging version libraries to warrant the
additional user complexity of using them?