Re: Please write useful changelogs

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Michael Banck wrote:
> I think Thijs meant the changelog entries 1.0.4-0ubuntu1 and
> 1.0.4-0ubuntu2, which are not in the .changes.
>
> Maybe it would be alright to say "Synchronize with Ubuntu (closes:
> #foo)" IF #foo is a "please synchronise with Ubuntu bug" (similar to a
> "new upstream version available" bug) AND you include the relevant
> Ubuntu changelog entries in the changes via dpkg-buildpackage
> -vlastversionbeforeubuntuchanges.
>
> Otherwise, elaborate on which bug gut fixed exactly and/or mention which
> Ubuntu changes are still present.

Ack.

And I'd like to express once more that's it's important to
have meaningful changelog entries for someone who has not done the work
and who has no corresponding debdiff.

We have (many) people reviewing debian-devel-changes and finding .changes
where the changelog entries do not mean anything is tiresome. That's why I
put a reminder in the developer news that I posted to d-d-a:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2007/12/msg00007.html

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog