Re: Please write useful changelogs

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:

> On Wed, January 16, 2008 10:13, Peter Palfrader wrote:

> > | bzip2 (1.0.4-1) unstable; urgency=low
> > |
> > |   * Synchronise with Ubuntu. Closes: #456237
> >

> > This says about nothing at all.  It gives me no more information than
> > "Something changed".
>
> For all fairness, you cut out the rest of the changes below it, which
> included the full Ubuntu changelogs where this refers to. It can be
> debated if this is a nice style, but the information is there.

The other items were, well, other items at the same level as the one
quoted above.  If any or all of those items were indeed part of the
synchronisation then they should appear as items under the sync-entry.
The way it's written leads me to believe that anibal synchronised, then
bumped the standards-version, moved the hompage, and improved
crossbuilding, etc.