Re: Future Debian package candidate web pages: present and future

Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@hartwork.org> writes:

> Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> >> The two web pages "Packages being worked on" [1] and
> >> "Requested packages" [2] have several shortcomings:
> >
> > The same shortcomings exist for the orphaned packages.
>
> Do I understand right that orphaned packages are packages already
> left unmaintained while up-for-adoption means the maintainer is
> still taking care but plans to leave?

No need to speculate; just refer to the Developer's Reference.

An orphaned package, by definition, is one that has gone through the
procedure for orphaning a package
<URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-orphaning>;
"up for adoption" is one that meets the same document's guidelines on
adopting a package
<URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-adopting>.

--
 \            "Choose mnemonic identifiers. If you can't remember what |
  `\                mnemonic means, you've got a problem." —Larry Wall |