Re: Opinions needed: reporting lintian overrides

> I agree. Although I think that it would be better if there could be a
> single line indicating overrides on everything that got scanned by
> lintian.

Hm, that's another option.  That's kind of hard to do with the current
lintian architecture, I think, since I think we may reset all the tag
counts between packages, but I may be wrong.

> Currently on dpkg I have 4 N: lines: one per deb + one for the
> .dsc. That clutters the output a bit too much to my taste. And ideally
> it should be at the end of the output (or at the beginning) but not
> spread in the output.

I was going to ask: why does dpkg have (and override lintian warnings for)
Bugs and Origin fields?  It's the only package in the archive with those
fields set to their default values.

redundant-bugs-field (0 packages, 0 tags, plus 3 overrides)
redundant-origin-field (0 packages, 0 tags, plus 4 overrides)

windlord:~> lintian-info -t redundant-bugs-field redundant-origin-field
N: redundant-bugs-field
N:
N:   You use the Bugs field though the field value is the default
N:   (debbugs://bugs.debian.org/). In this case the field is redundant and
N:   should be removed.
N:
N: redundant-origin-field
N:
N:   You use the Origin field though the field value is the default
N:   (Debian). In this case the field is redundant and should be removed.
N: