Re: Opinions needed: reporting lintian overrides

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008, Luk Claes wrote:
> > * Show the N: line with a count of overrides per package by default and
> >   provide an option to suppress this output if someone wants.
> >
> > * Don't show the N: line by default and provide an option to turn it on.
> >
> > Which should we do?
> We should show the N: line by default and have an option to suppress the
> output.

I agree. Although I think that it would be better if there could be a
single line indicating overrides on everything that got scanned by

Currently on dpkg I have 4 N: lines: one per deb + one for the .dsc. That
clutters the output a bit too much to my taste. And ideally it should be at
the end of the output (or at the beginning) but not spread in the output.

Raphaël Hertzog