Re: Faster shutdown and the ubuntu "multiuser" update-rc.d extention

[Joey Hess]
> Then you'd have to use 'dh_installinit -- defaults' to get the
> non-default behavior of running the stop script. That's
> counterintuitive.

Well.  As 'update-rc.d scriptname default' will have to keep its old
behavoiur, to avoid breaking a lot of functioning packages, I see no
other sensible way to change the default for most packages.

> The issue of whether to remove the old stop links remains, and if we
> decide to remove them, debhelper can't really handle that and
> maintainers would have to manually insert the code into their init
> scripts when changing debhelper compatability levels.

Yes.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen