Re: US mirror troubles

> I opened an upstream bug report with ntp.  But I would rather see the
> default get changed.  I think there are just too many
> people/applications that assume a certain behaviour that's different
> then what we have now.

Exactly, especially in IPv4 round robin using DNS is a a de-facto
standard, and changing this behavior in libc6 is just *stupid* - sorry,
but I have no other words for that. Imho Debian's ctte should decide
about this, and if they decide to have sorted IPv4 addresses by default,
somebody needs to take care that _ALL_ programs using IPv4 are changed.
Including browsers, IM clients and all daemons which usually connect to
addresses outside of the own computer.

--
Bernd Zeimetz
<bernd@bzed.de>                         <http://bzed.de/>