Re: Debian desktop -situation, proposals for discussion and change. Users point of view.

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 07:56 +0200, Mgr. Peter Tuharsky wrote:
> Michelle Konzack said:
> > You forger that DOWNGRADING is officialy NOT SUPPORTED by Debian.
>
> That should be changed anyway, since security upgrades occasionally
> break things too.

You keep saying this, I haven't seen this in Sarge at all. Sarge has had
HOW MANY security updates that broke things? Etch's security updates
including the Kernel upgrade had no noticeable problems... but of course
the two *OBSCURE* issues reported affect you, right?

You keep trying to HIT these things home, but the more you do this, the
more you look foolish. These problems are mainly Woody and before,
except for the LONG release time for Sarge. The Woody security updates
for Mozilla was REALLY HARD.

I am beginning to understand that you want Debian with completely new
"userland" programs. That would be Testing or "CUT" as Joey Hess has
promoted.

You could also use "Sidux", which is a distro that uses sid as the base
and does minor stabilization. http://sidux.com/
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C  2003-08-05