Re: how long is 'pending'

On Wed, 16 May 2007, Don Armstrong wrote:

> On Wed, 16 May 2007, Neil Williams wrote:
> > How long should bugs be tagged pending in advance of an upload?
>
> Time isn't the important metric, in my opinion. The question is
> whether the maintainer has fixed the bug (or believes they have fixed
> the bug) in their development environment and the fix will be present
> in the next upload.

Baring any objections, I'm going to change the blurb that explains the
pending tag now to the following:

  Indicates that the maintainer has fixed the bug (or believes they
  have fixed the bug) in their development tree and the next upload
  will include the fix for the bug.

to remove the indication that pending means that a fix will
necessarily be uploaded "soon".

Don Armstrong

--
More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads.
One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness.