Re: how long is 'pending'

On Wed, 16 May 2007 13:24:07 +0200
Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:

> On Wednesday 16 May 2007 12:50, Neil Williams wrote:
> > How long should bugs be tagged pending in advance of an upload?
>
> For me "pending" is a signal to users saying "issue has been confirmed,
> solution is available and will be included with the next upload".

That's perfect for me too.

It's a bug triage signal, not a time-limited notification. Suits me fine.

> It would IMO not be correct to mark a bug pending if it is fixed but not
> yet been released upstream (unless you plan to upload a fixed version
> based on current upstream).

I think that's different if the DD is also upstream. Yes, if the DD is
waiting for someone else to make the release, that could be a problem.
(Especially with a large project that has slipped out of the 'release
early, release often' approach that I share.)

> If there are other issues with the package (e.g. needs a new version of a
> library that's not yet available) that prevent an upload, that should not
> prevent you from setting a pending tag.

Thanks to one and all for the quick replies - I think I'd tag this thread as "pending" at this point. :-)

"issue is resolved, no further work required unless something really
big has been missed by the process so far"

--

Neil Williams