Re: Use bz2 not gz for orig.tar ?

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 06:30:53AM -0400, Roberto C. S?nchez wrote:
> Which is by far a minority situation.  You are much more likely to end
> up with someone on a 384k or 512k DSL (or even slower ISDN link) with an
> opteron, xeon, athlon64 or the like.  I'm not saying that your situation
> is not possible, simply that trading size for compression/decompression
> time would benefit far more people than it would "hurt."

I run a 486DX2/66 on a 3MBit DSL link.  I don't compile stuff on it
anymore though.  I would hate to have package installs get any slower
though. :)  Of course it isn't a big deal really, and certainly for some
people bandwidth is a bigger issue than cpu power.  Does the Packages
file still come in both gz and bz2?  Does it still come uncompressed for
that matter?  Does it matter now that we have the diffs as well?

--
Len Sorensen