Re: The number of etch installations is rocketing...

[Robert Millan]
> I would be very interested in an i386-only feature to report wether
> the CPU is 64-bit capable (I have code in win32-loader with this
> functionality).
>
> I'm not sure how this would fit in your client/server protocol, but I can
> easily grab the code from win32-loader and integrate it if you tell me.

Right.  This sound like something to put in the subarch reporting tool
I have wanted a long time.  We use 'dpkg
--print-installation-architecture' to report architecture, but there
is no similar tool to report sub-architecture.  Can you provide some
'subarch' program/package to report this information?  I do not want
to have the code to detect it in popularity-contest, but would be
interested in reporting the output from some other package if it
exist.

> Want a bug report?

I know libdebian-installer have some subarch detection code.  If it
would provide a user space package in the installed system, I would be
very happy. :)

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen