Re: Debian Development environments.

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 12:57:09AM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:

> I don't think "beginner" and "developer" belong in the same sentence.

Yes they do. I met people who develop commercial software but who are
completely ignorant about any system administration tasks. They're not
the people who use computers because they like it and like to figure out
how it works. They use computers because they get money for it. They are
not intereted in doing anything at all that is not strictly related to
the "edit-compile-run" cycle.

Of course with such workers you do need a dedicated system administrator
but that was not the point here.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences