Re: Debian Buzz and Rex binary packages

Ciao,
 Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 04:49:21PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> Hmm, I was under the impression that before 2.0, debian wasn't released
> as binaries yet, only source packages and the source code to the
> utilities needed to build the packages.  I didn't really think debian
> had any real installer or anything before 2.0 anyhow.  More of a work in
> progress.  I could be wrong of course since I only actually started
> using debian at version 2.0 (which was hard enough to install).

I have the 1995 InfoMagic 5 cd set, and it contains Debian 1.0 with .deb
packages and of course install floppy images :)

Maybe I'll try it in some qemu/xen virtual system :)

home:/cdrom/debian/debian-1.0# du -s binary/
88290   binary/

eheh :)

--

Bye Enrico

Le donne non hanno mai niente da dire.  Ma lo sanno dire cosi' bene.
		-- Oscar Wilde