Re: Debian Buzz and Rex binary packages

Hi Enrico,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 11:01:10PM +0200, Cherubini Enrico wrote:
> Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 04:49:21PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>
>> Hmm, I was under the impression that before 2.0, debian wasn't released
>> as binaries yet, only source packages and the source code to the
>> utilities needed to build the packages.  I didn't really think debian
>> had any real installer or anything before 2.0 anyhow.  More of a work in
>> progress.  I could be wrong of course since I only actually started
>> using debian at version 2.0 (which was hard enough to install).
>
>I have the 1995 InfoMagic 5 cd set, and it contains Debian 1.0 with .deb
>packages and of course install floppy images :)

Excellent, 1.0 is actually 0.93.

>Maybe I'll try it in some qemu/xen virtual system :)

It is exactly the experiment that I was talking about, i.e. testing
the upgrade path of a basic system, tinkering with the packaging
system of the era back then, seeing the technical evolution, and
probably other very funny things...

>home:/cdrom/debian/debian-1.0# du -s binary/
>88290   binary/
>
>eheh :)

I can provide FTP space for you to upload the ISO images and for
others who might want to download them afterwards. If you have some
time to do that, please let me know privately, as the details will
probably not interest the list.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.   Aurélien GÉRÔME