Re: 64-bit transition deadline (Re: Etch in the hands of the Stable Release Managers)

Robert Millan <rmh@aybabtu.com> writes:

> If x86_64-linux-gnu is stablished as the new reference api, well, they'll
> be forced to.

Reference for what?  Is there any software vendor porting his
applications to 64bit Linux because of problems with win64?  I havn't
noticed any.  Proprietary software that is available for Linux is only
available for i386 in most cases.

I don't know what the critical mass of Linux users is that generates
interest for Linux among software vendors.  We seem to be far from
it.

Matthias