Re: 64-bit transition deadline (Re: Etch in the hands of the Stable Release Managers)

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 10:17:15PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>         Helping closed source software developers is not an itch I feel
>  like scratching.  But if other people want to spend time making things
>  easy for closed software, I am of course not going to stand in their
>  way, no matter what my opinions on such activities are.

We're _not_ helping them by any means.  We're _not_ promoting non-free software
either.

We're just being realistic in that in the next 2 years they [1] can benefit
_us_ by driving their existing userbase into our platform.

[1] and yes, "they" doesn't necessarily mean non-free.  It can be GPLed
    vendors too, and it's in fact very likely since these happens to be the
    same that also target i386-linux-gnu (think of Id software now).

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is honeypot@aybabtu.com.  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.