Re: 64-bit transition deadline (Re: Etch in the hands of the Stable Release Managers)

"Tshepang Lekhonkhobe" <tshepang@gmail.com> writes:

> I've got an idea that some software is targeted at such a narrow
> userbase (CAD for example) that volunteer development seemes
> unjustified. In such cases, it's nice when academy and business lend
> their hand.

There just isn't enough interest among people who would be able for a
project like a parametric 3D CAD modeller.  The only project I know of
is Varkon (http://www.tech.oru.se/cad/varkon/man.htm).  When I tried
it a while back I gave up.  It wasn't very intuitive and I didn't have
much time.  There is active development but it is not a solid
modeller.

Matthias