Re: Handling of (inactive) Debian Accounts

On 11/02/07 at 10:29 +0000, Mark Purcell wrote:
> Whilst you might be able to vote without expressing an opinion,
> we already have a documented MIA process.
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-beyond-pkging.en.html#s-mia-qa
>
> I don't think using the single criteria such as DPL voting is a good,
> approach.
>
> By all means those who don't vote, might be candidates, but please
> check the MIA tool to see if people are active before approaching them.

I totally agree. If I were forced to reduce my involvement in Debian, I
would probably start by losing interest in "politics", since I could
easily trust other, better-informed DD, to make better choices than I
would do. That wouldn't hurt the Debian project, or at least much less
than poorly maintaining my packages.

Maybe the time before the DPL election could be use to find out how data
from MIA could also be used in this process ?