Re: Editing the sources in "debian/rules clean"

* Petter Reinholdtsen:

> [Florian Weimer]
>> It has come to my attention that a number of packages edit source files
>> (i.e. non-generated files in the source directory tree) in the "clean"
>> target of debian/rules.
>
> Do you have any example packages to mention?  I've seen some updating
> of the config.* files in the clean target, and this seem to be fairly
> safe.

This the issue, but I think it could be more widespread.  It turns out
that the package in question (tar) was last uploaded before the
autotools were finalized for etch, so the copying is not a no-op in this
particular case (but I hope that the update does not introduce
functional changes).