Re: Which spell checkers to include by default?

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 23:49:05 +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> said:

> [Russ Allbery]
>> See previous thread about old Unix users and what we expect.  :)

> Well, some old unix users might expect it, but I've been using Unix
> and friends since I started with HP-UX 9 in 1992, and I do not expect
> word lists to be installed by default. :)

        I have been doing so since '85, and I do expect to find the word
 lists. At this point we just have warring anecdotes; perhaps we should
 be looking for _data_ before we change standard?

> Lets move to the most advanced spell checker, hunspell, and drop
> ispell and friends as a package to install in the base system. :)

        We could add hunspell, if it is indeed better.  I am not sure
 the case has been made for dropping ispell.

        manoj
--
"Don't get married.  Find a woman you hate and buy her a house." anon