Re: New field in binary stanza

Il giorno Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:37:23 +0000
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> ha scritto:

> On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:36:06 +0100
> David Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com> wrote:

> From a user perspective, there is no difference between any package in
> main as far as a licence is concerned.

It's not for users, it's for developers.

> I can't see any point in having such output available to the user.

Again,

> If you want this data, write a dedicated wrapper - don't burden
> everyone else with an extra 20,000 lines in Packages.gz - create a
> local mirror if necessary.

I'll do, if necessary.

> > [1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio.php
>
> So for the sake of one webpage, every Debian user gets yet more bloat
> in Packages.gz. Oh good. Sorry, I think that's a really really really
> bad idea. Almost makes me think it's 1st April.

Please, calm down.

First of all, it's not just that webpage. Go to /tasks/, and you'll see that
there are others. But the most important thing is that this will probably be a
feature of cdd-dev; probably in future other CDDs (Debian-Edu, ...) will also
use that. From this point of view, Debian-Med is kind of a "prototype" for
cdd-dev.

I repeat, if it's needed, I'll write a parser for this. I just wanted to have
the chance not to write a huge script that does the job.

Kindly,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer |  http://snipurl.com/qa_page