New field in binary stanza

Hi *,
would it be possible to have a "License" field in the information of a package?
I mean, "apt-cache show foo" shows the fields defined in debian/control and
some others. Would it be possible to parse the license from debian/copyright
and add it to that info? Or, at least, give the chance to developers to use
something like XS-License: in the source stanza of debian/control?

I'm posting here before filing a bug to dpkg, because it seems "the right thing
to do".

Have a nice Christmas,
David

--