Re[2]: wxwidgets 2.8, anyone?

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:15:08 -0800 Robin Dunn <robin@alldunn.com> wrote:

RD> Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
RD> > On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:54:46 +0100 Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
RD> >
RD> > RH> Apparently, Vadim Zeitlin <vadim@wxwidgets.org> is ready to take care of
RD> > RH> the Debian packaging but he would need a sponsor and I'm sure some help
RD> > RH> would be useful as well.
RD> >
RD> >  I can indeed take care of this (as I said in previous, private, mail, I'm
RD> > interested in having up to date and well maintained wx packages for Debian
RD> > as both wx developer and Debian user, and I'd be glad to contribute
RD> > something back to Debian too) but currently the maintenance of the packages
RD> > is done by Robin Dunn, another wx developer and the author of wxPython. So
RD> > maybe Robin would prefer to take this role himself -- I'm cc'ing him so
RD> > that he could take this decision.
RD> I've considered this in the past, and even took a few steps towards
RD> becoming the official Ubuntu maintainer, but I realized that I just
RD> don't have the time for it.

 Hello again,

 As I said, I'm ready to fill this role in this case (if there are no other
people willing to do it). If I understand correctly, I should be working
with Daniel Baumann who, as a sponsor, would be actually uploading the
packages so I'll be contacting Daniel in the beginning of the next year to
organize all this.

 Again, as mentioned before, I'd welcome any bug reports/comments about

1. Our existing Debian packages at apt.wxwidgets.org
2. Building/using other packages using wx 2.8 instead of 2.6