Re: Shouldn't apt-listchanges be Priority: standard?

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Steve Langasek commented while closing this bug report:
> > It is recommended that you use apt-listchanges on your system, to be
> > notified of package behavior changes such as this.
>
> Could we consider increasign the priority of apt-listchanges so that
> it is installed by default?

Perhaps apt-listchanges (or other, frontend-specific methods) in a
default configuration to only show NEWS.Debian would be ideal?

[Otherwise the changelog would drown out all of the end-user notices
in NEWS.Debian.]

Don Armstrong

--
Some pirates achieved immortality by great deeds of cruelty or
derring-do. Some achieved immortality by amassing great wealth. But