Re: Please don't list available translations in the package description

On pe, 2007-12-07 at 15:28 +0100, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> On Friday 7 December 2007 11:52, Enrico Zini wrote:
> > If we want to implement a feature such that we can see what packages are
> > localised for a given language, that should be done differently, most
> > likely by building a database scanning what .po files are present in the
> > source package.
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to use a new debtags class like Localised-for:: to
> store this information, and then use technique you describe to automatically
> create those tags? The whole tag infrastructure already exists and seems very
> suited to the kind of queries one would do on this information (e.g.: mail
> client with console interface localised in Dutch and French).

Number of packages: 20 000
Number of languages we can expect to support in most packages: 10(*)
strlen("Localized-for: xx"): 17
Overhead per Packages file: 340

(*) English, French, German, Spanish (at least one variant), Portuguese,
Italian, Russian, Hindi,