Re: What to do when the LaTeX sources are missing, but an XML equivalent was rewritten from scratch ?

On 11208 March 1977, Charles Plessy wrote:

>  - despite the absence of latex sources one is allowed to take a
>    html, pdf or ps editor and modify the old documentation in the
>    .orig.tar.gz under the terms of the LGPL;

"Despite the absence of c source one is allowed to take a .so file and a
editor[1] and modify the program in the .orig.tar.gz under the terms of
the LGPL".

[1] whatever you prefer to edit binaries directly

Not good. :)

>  - the content of the source-orphan files is available in another source
>    format which could be used to generate equivalent documents that
>    would only differ by their formatting;

> could such a package be qualified for the main archive?

If you drop upstreams .ps/.pdf files and then just ship yours - thats fine.
Best thing of course is upstream shipping the right source.

--
bye Joerg
<liw> HE, we had sex in Debian for many years, yes, before I put a stop