Re: What to do when the LaTeX sources are missing, but an XML equivalent was rewritten from scratch ?

On Mo, 19 Nov 2007, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > - the pdf can be regenerated albeit with minor quality.
> > - shipping the higher quality document helps the user more than shipping
> >   a lower quality document
>
> Why would the XML-based document be lower quality? If dblatex is used
> for generating the PDF, it should look just as good.

I was not talking about this specific document, but take a doc that
ships with commercial fonts used, say Optima. The source code is
present and can be reused for other projects, still the users have the
nicer original document.

I consider this ok for Debian.

Best wishes

Norbert

GREAT TOSSON (n.)
A fat book containing four words and six cartoons which cost £6.95.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff