Re: RFC: cups as "default" printing system for lenny?

Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> writes:

> Not sure if anybody is still using the old BSD printing stuff - at least
> I can't see any reason why it should have a higher priority than
> optional.

I am.  It's simple and it works, and CUPS seems ridiculously bloated for
the only printing need I have (printing PostScript files to a network
printer).

However, I can certainly agree that it's a difficult choice for the
average user for a locally attached printer due to the difficulty of
configuration and handling of printer drivers.